JEE Main is one of the most important exams after H.S. for the students, interested to study Engineering. As JEE Main is not only the gateway to the JEE Advanced. But also an entrance for various prestigious engineering colleges or universities other than IIT. Hence JEE Main has become the main priority for the students, who want to get good engineering college. Today I will give some tips on How to Crack JEE Mains.
How to Crack JEE Mains
- All students who have passed 12th standard and having an age less than 25 are eligible to appear for JEE Mains.
- The maximum attempt is 3 times
- The student must have taken up Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with either one of Chemistry or Biotechnology, to be considered eligible.
Syllabus and type of questions:
- The exam is tougher compared to the boards, with much more conceptual questions and questions of varying difficulty.
- Subjects were tested include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The syllabus to be followed is more or less the same as the Board exam, but more care needed to be applied in answering properly.
- The questions are of Multiple Choice types, with 4 marks for each correct answer and a penalty of 1 mark for each wrongly marked choice.
How to Crack JEE Mains with JEE main syllabus
Best way to prepare without coaching is self-study and self-confidence.
I’ll tell you how I cracked IIT-JEE in my days without any coaching.
1)Set your study hours:- as the exam is for 3 continuous hours, you should not take breaks within 3 hours of study span. Take a break after 3 hours of study. Most students get tired and their efficiency goes down in last hour of exam.
2)Focus on all three subjects(PCM) equally. You can choose one favorite and can give it an extra hour but never give less attention to any of these three.
3)Be self-confident. Keep saying to yourself that you can do it. Yes, I have the caliber to crack it. Self-confidence is the most important thing. Most students believe in deep that they can’t crack the exam before even writing it.
4). If you have any dream college, download a picture of it and paste it on the wall where you can see most of the time. Tell yourself everytime you see that picture also that I’m going to take admission there. This keeps on motivating you.
Books to Study and JEE main syllabus
For Physics go for DC Pandey (separate book for each topic). Examples and concept are well explained.
for chemistry – RC Mukherjee, OP Tandon, and Boyd.
For maths – Don’t go for RD Sharma, go for Arihant series ( it has a separate book for different topics). In-depth knowledge is given in this books. R.S Agrawal is also a very good book.